Monday, August 16, 2010

Family Fun @ Palisades




We went and had a great time at Palisades, Calamity Campground, this weekend. It was the 6th annual Van & LarRene Sargent family reunion. Our "oldest sister" Valeen and her family came and all the birth children with their spouses and children came up. The youngest (and cutest) one of all was Naomi - on her first camp trip. We borrowed Kent's brother Philip's trailer (& his truck) so that Ruth and Naomi wouldn't have to drive home at night and so we could all get a little better rest. It was very nice to be warm and cozy.


We were able to go boating and Ruth, Rachel, Sara, Val, Stevan and Savanna all got up on skis or wakeboards. McKay had his first ride on the tube and did really well. The boys did some 4-wheeling and motorbiking, and one night tried to fish, with no luck.

We were blessed to hear from each family with a little spiritual thought/devotional when they were finished with the meal they had brought and prepared. It was interesting that even though no one got specific topics assigned that no one spoke on the same topic.

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family that I can count on through thick and thin. Those that I want to spend the most time with in life will be those that I want to spend the eternities with and I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the opportunity it gives me to do that.
Our family motto for our "Title of Liberty" is as follows:

The Beck’s
B - becoming the people our Heavenly Father wants us to be.
E - enjoying our family and the journey we are on together to eternity.
C - Christ is the head of our home, the unseen guest at all times, the reason we want to be better people.
K - kind words and actions help us to build relationships of trust and friendship that we can take with us no matter where we go.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, if Ruth beat me to posting about the reunion I am really slacking. Now that I have sent you the picture of you and McKay on the tube you will have to add it to your post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could barely see Naomi in the pile of blankets...so cute. I'm glad you guys got together, our family is going to try to this labor day weekend, though we won't all make it. I love the title of liberty motto, what a great idea... I'll have to get brainstorming for DAVIS.

    ReplyDelete