
Okay, So I haven't done this since I started, so what. Here I am at work between patients and I thought I'd give it a try.
Since my last post, I would say a tremendous amount of stuff has happened. McKay has had 2 birthdays - he is now 3 years old. Elijah has had one birthday and as he would answer he is "5 & 1/2". We also have a new child, a beautiful baby girl named Naomi. She is our first non-redhead child and she doesn't even has a "butt-chin", as least not yet. She is the perfect baby so far. She's been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks old, is a great eater (even though I was starving her to death without knowing it), very even-tempered and very sweet. The boys love her and fight over which one she is going to be looking at while we drive in the car, since we are still crammed into a car with 3 carseats they both get a pretty good view of her.
Kent is still working at UPS and tolerating it well enough. We are so gratefull to have constant employment especially during such a rocky economy. Kent was put into the bishopric last fall, November 2009. He is the 2nd counselor and is doing a great job. He is gone a lot with his calling but I am seeing him make new friends and be more outgoing and growing in so many ways. I'm trying not to complain if he isn't home as much.
I am back to work after taking 12 weeks off for maternity leave. It was nice to be home and some days I wish I was home all the time but it's nice to have a paycheck and I really do love helping people and staying up to date on my skills and my knowledge, although I feel like I'm forgetting more and more all the time. It's hard to keep up on everything you learned in school when you only see small slices of desease/ illness/injuries. I'm sure that anybody in medicine would feel the same way after a while.
I really love being a mom. My kids are great, they are fun to talk to, fun to play with, very interesting in the things they come up with and say. I have to say that having 3 kids isn't as hard as I've always heard it would be. I give all the credit to the newest addition. Naomi is just an easy baby. My boys play really well together so it makes it easy to give attention to just her at the times she needs it.
That's a brief update for now. I will try and get it posted with pictures and will make a real effort to do better at keeping everyone updated.
Wow! I am so impressed that you finally posted. Keep it up! I love the updates.
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you in the blog world again!
ReplyDeleteOh Ruth we might be the worst friends ever! I feel sad we haven't seen you guys in so long. This was a great update! Naomi is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteHey I enjoyed the update, impressive that you could squeeze that in between patients. I do understand the feeling of losing your knowledge over time due to limited work exposure, but some is better than none, and in another decade or so we can dig back in :D Thanks again for visiting me while I was at moms!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Naomi is such a good baby. Angie was just telling us yesterday how good of a sleeper and eater she is. That is awesome!
ReplyDelete